The atheistic-secular philosophy in the classrooms enforced over the objections of taxpayers poses the greatest single threat, an internal threat, to American society. The greatest threat to American society is not worldwide terrorism. Although it is deceptively presented in textbooks, the determination of leftist authoritarians to destroy moral faith and undermine support for traditional American principles is freely admitted in their own publications. C.F. Potter, a cosigner of the first Secular Humanist Manifesto along with John Dewey, writes for his colleagues: “Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American public school is a school of humanism. What can the theistic Sunday schools, meeting for an hour once a week, teaching only a fraction of the children, do to stem the tide of a five-day program of humanistic teaching?”*
The following points reflect the mind-altering nature of the ideology and campus culture that a few tenured academia are imposing upon new generations of American students.
1. Eliminating God–They proclaim to be patriots but reject the historic, constitutional right of students to debate and disagree on moral grounds. As a result, some students lose the capacity to make moral decisions.
2. Eliminating truth–They present the moral value of truth as evil, and evil as good.
3. Removing traditional values from classroom studies–They seek to destroy belief in sexual virtue and the traditional marriage of one man and one woman.
4. Exalting leaders on the secular left–They praise champions of the culture of dependency and atheistic-secular exclusivity.
5. Encouraging sin by romanticizing feel-good emotions–Secular handlers will not allow anything to be denounced as “sin.” Victims then self-destruct, and wonder why.
6. Glorifying death–They promote suicide, abortion, euthanasia and lifestyles that shorten life.
Studies show that a high percent of children from Christian families are severely impacted by twelve years of atheistic-secular double-talk.**
New generations of Americans are being cheated. “Leftist indoctrination is stripping the nation of future leaders and subjecting millions of vulnerable young women and men to physical and mental harm.
Statistics concerning disease and related health risks on campuses are staggering.”***
**Allan Bloom, The Closing of the American Mind, Simon and Schuster: New York, 1993.
***Dr. J. Nelson Black, Freefall of the American University (Washington DC: WorldNetDaily, Books, 2004), xi.
~ David Norris